Nov. 5, 2011
Recap | Final Stats | Photo Gallery
• The Black Knights have now lost six straight games to Air Force and fell to 13-32-1 all-time against the Falcons.
• Army has lost 12 straight games against its service-academy rivals.
• The Black Knights have lost five straight road games. Army is winless this season away from West Point.
• Army lost its 17th straight game when trailing after three quarters.
• Saturday marked the first time Army was held under 21 points this season.
• In its last two trips to Falcon Stadium, Army has outscored Air Force 21-7 in the first half, and been outscored 59-0 after halftime.
• Army is now 9-41 in its last 50 games when on the negative side of the turnover margin.
• Army’s five turnovers were the most since also giving the ball away five times against Akron on Sept. 20, 2007.
• Army entered the game ranked No. 1 in the nation with a 369.0 yards per game rushing average. The Black Knights have cracked the 300-yard mark in eight of their nine games and have run for at least 270 yards in all nine of their contests.
• After running 46 plays in the first half, the Black Knights’ offense was on the field for just 28 snaps after halftime. Army ran for 286 yards in the first half and only 54 yards in the second half.
• Senior Max Jenkins made his second consecutive start at quarterback. Junior QB Trent Steelman missed his second straight game with a lower-leg injury suffered at Vanderbilt. Jenkins took every offensive snap in a game for the first time in his career.
• Max Jenkins scored his third rushing touchdown of the season in the first quarter. Jenkins has scored all of his rushing scores in the last two weeks.
• Freshman FB Larry Dixon found the end zone for the second straight week. Dixon was in the starting lineup for the second consecutive game.
• Sophomore SB Raymond Maples topped the 100-yard mark for the fifth time this season with 132 yards on 17 carries. He gained 117 yards in the first half.
• Maples is now tied for fifth on the Army single-season 100-yard rushing games chart. He is the 13th Army player to run for 100 yards in at least five games in a season.
• Junior Kyler martin made his second consecutive start. Last week vs. Fordhman he was listed with the starting unit at Rover. This week he started at strong safety.
• Senior LB Steve Erzinger recovered a fumble for the first time this season. His takeaway led to an Army rushing touchdown.
• Martin recovered a fumble for the first time in his career in the second quarter.
• Sophomore DL Holt Zalneraitis made a career-high eight tackles to lead the Army defense.
• Junior DE Zach Watts made a career-high 2.0 tackles for loss, including one of Army’s only quarterback sack of the day.
SPECIAL TEAMS NOTES
• Junior P Chris Boldt unloaded on a career-long 72-yard punt in the fourth quarter. It was Army’s longest punt of the season.